Special education teacher, Jeff Gillies, has demonstrated a sustained level of technology integration. Along with the classroom support staff, David Crowther, the classroom leaders work collaboratively to provide students with a digitally rich learning environment.
The daily use of the Smartboard began soon after it arrived and has been used to engage the students in literacy and numeracy learning activities ever since.
Through technology Mr. Gillies has added an important feature to his instructional approach. He has elevated his ability to differentiate instruction, and has also boosted his design for learning that is more engaging and encompassing. Some of the software that Mr. Gillies and CYW Dave utilize to engage students are Notebook 10, Audacity, and Boardmaker. Mr. Gillies sets a good example for all of us as we maneuver through our own integration journey.
- Record live audio.
- Export files into other programs to enhance movies or slide shows.
- create Podcasts (click here for a tutorial on podcasting)
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- And more! See the complete list of features